| HANOI (28 June 2009) – SHB Da Nang’s title ambition suffered further hiccup this week when they were held to a 1-1 draw by Dong Thap at the Cao Lanh stadium.
Da Nang, who are chasing their first V-League crown since 1992, conceded a humiliating 4-1 loss to defending champions Binh Duong at the Go Dau Stadium the previous week.
But with second-placed Song Lam Nghe An on the losing end as well, Da Nang should be in a comfortable position to lift the crown this year where they still maintain their 12 point advantage at the top.
In the other matches, Dong Tam Long An beat Hoang Anh Gia Lai 3-0, Thanh Hoa defeated The Cong 4-2 while Nam Dinh edged Song Lam Nghe An 3-2 on the 22nd matchday of the V-League.
Playing at the Long AN Stadium, Dong Tam Long An made sure of the full points with goals off a brace from Bolima (8th and 56th minute) and Santos in the 33rd minute.
CURRENT V-LEAGUE 2009 STANDINGS (After 22 matches)
1. SHB Da Nang 46pts (+20)
2. Becamex Binh Duong 34pts (+10)
3. Cement Hai Phong 34pts (-3)
4. T&T Hanoi 34pts (+6)
5. Song Lam Nghe An 33pts (+6)
6. Dong Tam Long An 32pts (+10)
7. Dong Thap 32pts (+8)
8. The Cong 29pts (-7)
9. Khatoco Khanh Hoa 28pts (=)
10. Mikado Nam Dinh 28pts (-2)
11. Hoang Anh Gia Lai 27pts (-6)
12. Ho Chi Minh City 23pts (-9)
13. Military Zone Four 23pts (-13)
14. Thanh Hoa 19pts (-23)