| BANGKOK (20 June 2008) – BEC Tero Sasana are poised to extend their lead at the top of the Thai Premier League 2008 when the season resumes next week.
The league which has been on hold due to the participation of the Thai national team in the third round of the 2010 World Cup qualifiers will re-start on 28 June 2008.
And BEC Tero, who currently sit at the top of the standings with 24 points from 11 matches, will take on strugglers Port Authority FC at home.
For the record, BEC Tero won their last game against Chonburi FC 1-0 on the road.
Second-placed TOT FC, with 22 points from 10 games, will be hard pressed to pick up the full points as they will be entertaining Samud Songkram, currently on sixth at the table and fast making headway to the top.
TOT FC won their last game against Chula Sinthana 2-1 while Samud Songkram were held to a scoreless home draw by Tobacco Monopoly.
Chonburi FC, who lost their last game against BEC Tero, will be anxious to make up for lost ground as they entertain Customs Department.
CURRENT THAI PREMIER LEAGUE 2008 STANDINGS
1. BEC TERO SASANA 24pts (+13)
2. TOT FC 22pts (+7)
3. CHONBURI FC 22pts (+7)
4. PROVINCIAL ELECTRICAL 22pts (+4)
5. KRUNG THAI BANK 18pts (+6)
6. SAMUD SONGKRAM 16pts (+5)
7. OSOTSPA M150 16pts (+2)
8. COKE BANGPRA 15pts (+1)
9. BANGKOK UNIVERSITY 15pts (=)
10. TOBACCO MONOPOLY 15pts (-2)
11. BANGKOK BANK FC 14pts (=)
12. NAKORNPRATOM FC 13pts (-8)
13. PORT AUTHORITY FC 11pts (-4)
14. CHULA SINTHANA 11pts (-8)
15. CUSTOMS DEPARTMENT 9pts (-6)
16. ARMY FC 2pts (-17)