| BANGKOK (15 April 2009) – Bangkok Glass FC are set to strengthen their place at the top of the Thai Premier League when they take on struggling Pattaya United FC in three days.
After disposing defending Thai champions Provincial Electric 2-1 in their last match, Bangkok Glass are on a confident mood after winning their last four matches on a trot.
Bangkok Glass are undefeated after five matches into the new season where they have now picked up 13 points from four wins and a draw.
On second is Osotsapa FC, who will be looking to close the gap on the leaders following their convincing 2-0 victory over Samud Songkram in their last match.
Their next opponent – on 18 April 2009 – is Thai Port FC who are currently sixth at the table.
Third is former league leaders Chonburi FC, who will be eager to pile the misery on 14th-placed Sriracha FC and keep pace with the leaders at the top of the standings.
CURRENT THAI PREMIER LEAGUE STANDINGS
1. Bangkok Glass FC 13pts (+5)
2. Osotsapa FC 10pts (+3)
3. Chonburi FC 10pts (+1)
4. BEC Tero Sasana 9pts (+5)
5. Muang Thong United 9pts (+4)
6. Thai Port FC 7pts (+2)
7. Provincial Electrical 7pts (+1)
8. TOT FC 6pts (=)
9. Bangkok United FC 6pts (-1)
10. Pattaya United FC 6pts (-1)
11. Rajnavy Rayong FC 6pts (-2)
12. Nakhonpathom FC 5pts (+1)
13. TTM Samut Sakhon 4pts (=)
14. Sriracha FC 4pts (-4)
15. Samud Songkram 3pts (-3)
16. Chula United FC 1pt (-11)