| BANGKOK (17 Sept 2009) – Muang Thong United failed to take advantage of playing against Pattaya United in the Thai Premier League when they could only afford a drab 1-1 draw on the road to the mid-table side.
With this failure, Muang Thong are only a point adrift of second-placed Chonburi Bluewave, who did not play a match this week following their 2-2 draw against Binh Duong in the first-leg quarter-finals of the AFC Cup at the Rajamangala Stadium.
Brazilian Anderson Machado put Pattaya United in front after just nine minutes before Ivory Coast’s Dagno Siaka levelled the score for the visiting side just before the hour mark.
In the other matches, Nakhon Pathom picked up the vital three points in their bid to escape relegation when they beat fellow strugglers Navy Rayong 2-1 at the Kampangsang Ground.
TTM-Samut Sakhon won 1-0 away over Thai Port FC at the PAT Stadium as Sri Racha FC and Bangkok United drew 0-0 at the Sirindhorn Stadium – sharing the same outcome as Osotspa M-150 and TOT FC at the Tanarom Stadium.
There are only six matches left to the end of the season.
CURRENT THAI PREMIER LEAGUE 2009 STANDINGS (after 24 match days)
1. Muang Thong United (51pts (+21)
2. Chonburi FC 50pts (+17)
3. Bangkok Glass FC 44pts (+10)
4. BEC Tero Sasana 41pts (+14)
5. Osotsapa FC 40pts (+5)
6. Thai Port FC 39pts (+6)
7. TTM Samut Sakhon 31pts (=)
8. TOT FC 29pts (-3)
9. Pattaya United FC 27pts (-1)
10. Bangkok United FC 27pts (-7)
11. Samud Songkram 27pts (-8)
12. Provincial Electrical 26pts (-8)
13. Rajnavy Rayong FC 24pts (-5)
14. Nakhonpathom FC 24pts (-11)
15. Chula United FC 19pts (-18)
16. Sriracha FC 18pts (-12)